+ Speakers are the best part (even bit too bass heavy)
+ Great display
+ Even better battery life than #Pixelbook (~10 hours) and charges super fast
• Photos from the cameras are better but nowhere near Pixel 2 XL so I still tend to have the phone nearby just for taking pictures. :/
• #Android apps are still a joke and if you have them disabled, the Camera app is replaced with Chrome one which doesn’t have portrait mode for example.
• If you try to edit a photo from the Camera app it wants to install Android Photos app. This schizophrenia is only one of the reasons to disable Android on Chrome OS. Though #Assistant now works without Play Store enabled, so I hope non-Android Camera will get better.
• Slate’s keyboard is on par with Pixelbook, though using it on your lap quickly becomes a yoga exercise. (As expected: https://social.unextro.net/@ondra/100871810489434173.) Hinge on detachable hp #Chromebook X2 is better in that regard.
• Included charger is the same (white) as the Pixelbook one.
- Smaller bezels are great but it’s impossible to hold without occasional accidental touches.
- #ChromeOS on Slate is still quite unstable. Had several random session crashes already.
- My biggest issue is that it doesn’t work with external monitor even though Pixelbook, hp X2, Acer Tab 10, Pixel 2015 LS and several other Chrome devices work flawlessly with it: https://crbug.com/910740
Overall, I love it, especially as a naked #tablet.